- This event has passed.
Rediscovering the Heart of Business
May 23 @ 7:45 pm - 9:30 pm| Free
A series of five evening events seeking to help us connect the heart of business with the most important things in life, and in particular:
- To explore God’s heart for the world of business and those working within it
- To provide an opportunity for biblical challenge, discussion, networking and prayer
7.45pm for 8pm start, finishing at 9.30pm
- Introduction and biblical challenge
- Small group discussion and real-life application
- Feedback and prayer
The introduction, together with questions for discussion and background information, will be provided by Peter Hanney.
This is a pilot series of events, so your feedback will be sought throughout. The intention is to create a series of study guides for wider use.
Dates and locations
21st February – All Nations Christian College
14th March – All Nations Christian College
25th April – All Nations Christian College
23rd May – All Nations Christian College
13th June- All Nations Christian College
Cost: these events are free.
However, if you are interested, you will have the opportunity to make a donation to the work of All Nations Christian College or to the building project at Christ Church Ware.
For further information, please contact Peter Hanney on 07968 990496.
Working titles and themes
1 Purpose, meaning and motivation:
- Exploring purpose and motivation in business
- How does this connect with what gives purpose and meaning in life?
2 What do good businesses look like?
- A survey of successful businesses having a positive impact on society.
- How can we influence the businesses we work for or are connected to?
3 What goes wrong with our business culture?
- The battle for hearts and minds in the world of business.
- How can we be equipped to survive and thrive, to be effective salt and light?
4 The role of business in tackling poverty and fuelling economic development?
- Why is it so difficult for communities or nations to escape poverty?
- How can businesses and entrepreneurs have the most positive impact?
5 How can we be complete business people?
- What does it mean to be a complete human being, living life to the full?
- How can we become complete business people, reflecting God’s image?
Peter has spent many years working in business as an accountant, consultant and manager, delivering change in a range of organisations. Throughout this time he has been exploring God’s heart for and perspective on business, and he has more recently been conducting research on how business can achieve greater positive impact for the whole of society.