It is now less than seven months before we are due to move out of Christ Church and the work on redeveloping the building commences!
Many people and groups are working on moving the project forward, including:
• The Building Management Committee drawing together all aspects of the project.
• The Building Committee and subgroups working on the final details of the plans to be ready to offer contractors to tender for the work.
• The Fund Raising Group.
• Life Groups and others planning fund raising activities.
• The group preparing Grant Applications.
• The team looking for an alternative location for Christ Church to meet Sunday mornings.
• The prayer team.
• Those I have forgotten to highlight, apologies.
There is one other group that needs to be both mentioned and remembered, the Parochial Church Council. The decision whether to go ahead with the building work rests with the PCC. As Trustees of Christ Church the PCC are responsible for deciding the appropriate course of action on behalf of the church membership.
At the June meeting the PCC will receive an update on the project and the funds raised to date. There will, on the 2nd July, be an additional PCC meeting specifically to review and discuss the plans, pray and then make a decision on the appropriate course of action. The PCC will decide on one of the following;
– to go ahead and seek tenders from contractors with a planned start date for work on 7th January 2019 without all of the funds being available.
– to delay seeking tenders for a short time e.g. a month or two to allow time for additional funds, grants to be given or pledged.
– to delay seeking tenders for a longer time, thus probably delaying the start of redevelopment until later 2019 or 2020.
If on 2nd July the PCC decides to go ahead with seeking tenders, selected contractors will be asked to submit tenders by the end of August.
While seeking tenders is not binding, the cost of preparing a tender for a contractor means the PCC is declaring a strong intention to go ahead with the work in 2019 and that financially it expects to have or be able to finance the works. Members of the PCC recognise that all the decisions made will have an impact for generations to come, for the mission and ministry here in Ware.
Whilst the PCC are meeting on the 2nd July (at 7.45 pm) I would ask that you support them by praying for them as they deliberate and seek God’s will.
Please pray for Christ Church Parochial Church Council – the members are listed below as they make such a major decision.
John Hookway – Clergy & chair
Caroline Keightley – Clergy
Bob Barker – Church Warden
Cheryl Bevan – Church Warden
Diana Perkins – Deanery Synod Representative
Catriona Baker – Deanery Synod Representative
Peter Dane – Deanery Synod Representative
David Briggs – PCC Member
Emma Thomas – PCC Member
Louise Brett – PCC Member
Claire Hallett – PCC Member
Peter Wall – PCC Member
Chris Woodrow – PCC Member
Sam Rich – PCC Member
Martin Dudley – Observer & advisor
Joanne Beer – Co-opted
Bob Barker – Church WardenTags: Building Project, Magazine, PCC