Why not try something different this advent?
Could you be a host to Mary and Joseph and the advent candle for one day?
How it will work
1. Mary & Joseph will be at Church on Advent Sunday
2. First hosts collect Mary, Joseph and the candle to take home after either the 9.15 or 11.00 am service on 3rd December.
3. Set up the nativity scene, Light the advent candle for the allocated date on the candle; use this time to reflect on the nativity story and pray for your family, your church family and your world.
4. The next day arrange to deliver the Travellers and candle to the next host.
5. New host, Set up the nativity scene as in point 3 above
6. If you are the host on Christmas Eve please bring the travellers and candle to the Family Service on Christmas Day at 10.00 am, and place on the table at the front of church before the service starts.
Information and sign up sheets are at the back of church or e-mail the church office and we will allocate you a day.
If you live in the Buntingford area we would like to be able to have our travellers spend a few days in your town, do look out for and sign up for the Buntingford dates.Tags: Christmas, Magazine